The 12th Running of the Papa Johnâ€™s 10 Miler, the final leg of the Louisville Triple Crown of Running is this Saturday, Mach 31. If Pius Nyantika, a 25-year old native of Kenya training in Louisville, wins the Papa Johnâ€™s 10 Miler, Nyantika would become the first male Triple Crown winner since 2004.
More than 9,000 runners and walkers from 23 states are expected to participate in the in the Papa Johnâ€™s 10 Miler race, sponsored by Novo Nordisk and presented by Nike.
The Kids Fun Runs will take place on the football field at 10:15AM for ages 3 to 10 years
Saturday, March 31, 2012, 8AM
- Start: Third Street and Central Avenue
- Finish: UofL Football Complex, Papa Johnâ€™s Cardinal Stadium, 50-Yard Hash Mark. Winners should arrive to the finish line at approx. 8:55AM —
- Course: Starts at Third Street near Central Avenue; travels down Southern Parkway, then through Iroquois Park; back up Southern Parkway to Third Street; crosses the Central Avenue overpass to Floyd Street; and finishes on the football field at Papa Johnâ€™s Cardinal Stadium. (Course map is attached.)
- Papa Johnâ€™s pizza, Heine Brothers coffee, Panera bagels, fruit from ValuMarket and Powerade for everyone
- Plenty of water along the course, sponsored by Louisville Water Company
Registration and packet pickup is Friday, March 30, B&W Club, Third Floor, Papa Johnâ€™s Cardinal Stadium, University of Louisville, 11AM to 7PM.
Registration and packet pickup on race day is Saturday, March 31, 6AM-7:30AM, Gate 4, Papa Johnâ€™s Cardinal Stadium.