Fourth of July in Louisville features a variety of activities for locals and visitors to enjoy. The opportunities to celebrate Americaâ€™s birthday are many. Whether it is traditional fireworks, festivals, picnics or a cruise on the Ohio River, there are abundant possibilities of fun for all ages.
- Â The Crescent Hill Old-Fashioned Fourth of July Festival will take place from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. on July 4-5 at Peterson-Dumesnil House. The two-day event will include an art fair to display handcrafted paintings, sculptures and jewelry available for purchase. Local bands will provide entertainment. Festivities also include a food court, silent auction, FABA beer tent, a pet show and an activity area for children.
- Â Locust Grove will be free to the public on Friday, July 4 from 10 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Bring a picnic and enjoy our nationâ€™s birthday at a historic landmark. Locust Grove will feature house tours and living history demonstrations. Desserts and drinks will be available for purchase.
- Â Louisville Slugger Field will host the Zambelli Fireworks Show after the Louisville Bats game on Thursday, July 3. Celebrate Independence Day with the Louisville Bats and the only fireworks display downtown. Enjoy happy hour from 5:30-7p.m. with $1 Bud or Bud Lights throughout the stadium. Purchase tickets before 5 p.m. on June 27 to receive the Early Bird Special Offer that includes discounted reserved seating.
- Â The Belle of Louisville is offering cruises on July 3-4 to celebrate the holiday weekend. Enjoy the fireworks sightseeing cruise July 3 or the dinner buffet cruise July 4. Either cruise is a perfect way to commemorate Independence Day. Tickets are limited. Call for reservations at 502.574.2992.
- Â The 11th Annual Celebrating Freedom Parade will be Friday, July 4 in Jeffersonville. The parade will begin at 11 a.m. on Riverside Drive at Spring Street and will progress down to Wall Street. Warder Park will host a ceremony to honor Americaâ€™s freedom and veterans and distribute parade awards. The celebration will continue with concerts in the park. Drinks and hot dogs will be available for purchase.
- Westport Village will host a free outdoor concert with the band Kudmani on Thursday, July 3. The concert will begin at 7 p.m. with fireworks to follow.
- Â Fourth Street Live will host the Liberty Bar Crawl on Thursday, July 3. The party will begin at 9 p.m. and will feature live music, a cornhole tournament and bar games. Purchase tickets for $15 and receive six drink tickets.
- Â The Public Bourbon East Tour will be Friday, July 4. The tour includes guided tastings at Town Branch Distillery, Alltech Bourbon and Buffalo Trace Distillery. For ticket information ,contact Mint Julep Tours at 502.583.1433.
- Â The Republic Bank First Friday Trolley Hop will be Friday, July 4 from 5-11 p.m. The Hop will provide free transportation to art galleries, restaurants and shops along Main Street in downtown Louisville. The trolley route will also visit South Fourth Street District. Free parking is available after 6 p.m. at Slugger Field, Main Street at Jackson and Fourth Street Live. For additional information regarding the trolley route or parking, call 502.583.1671.